1. The government shouldn’t be telling us what we can or can’t do with the land we own as long as there are no quantifiable impacts.
3. The Proposal is a clear strategy against edible gardens by pushing them under the roof line of the building or in its shadow while at the same time requiring year round success.
4. The Proposal is an assault against the financially less fortunate that cannot afford expensive fences and raised bed structures by pushing their edible gardens even further into the shadows of the building.
5. The Proposal is discriminating against ALL edible plants by requiring higher standards and special definitions than any other plant in the City's Landscape Code. By discriminating against the plants that we eat, you are discriminating against us.
6. The Proposal is a discredit against sustainability. The City's code will allow max. 60% environment crushing grass but only max. 25% edible annuals with no impacts.
Therefore, we are creating a formal Landscape Proposal for the MPB from us which states just that.